Sunday, June 3, 2007

Mud Oven

Here is my first attempt at an outdoor oven. I am really excited about being able to cook with it. The pictures pretty much tell how I made the oven. I would like to describe the mud I used. It is called survival cement because it can be made very easily and is very durable. Just make a thick mud and add grass, pine needles, ferns, or whatever is around. This will act as a binder for the mud. Another thought is about the water. Made sure you add it a little bit at a time because it is really easy to add to much.












































This is made from acorn flour that I made last fall. It is soooo good!!














This style of bread is really an ash cake. It is called and ash cake because it layes on the hot ashes while cooking. When it is ready to come out, just dust off the ashes and eat.










Very tasty!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.