Sunday, June 3, 2007

Road Kill

Now that I am feeling really settled where I am,
I have been really wanting to do some projects with tanning. I have been doing a lot of thinking about making a robe or blanket out of tanned hide. The problem is that it is illegal to pick up road kill in most casses and I really don't do very much hunting. Last summer I found out that it is
possible to collect road kill if you call the bioligist and take in the animal or hide to be tagged and recorded. In this case the hide will never belong to you because the state claims it as theirs. You will, however, be able to have possesion of it. I really don't like that idea.


Anyways, I have decided that I am going to help keep the roads clean of road kill and in the process have some nice fur. If I get caught then I will just say that I am planning to take in the
animal on Monday to be tagged. Hopefully, that
will work.

























No comments: